About Pease & Curren
With 101 years in the precious metals refining business, Pease & Curren has vast experience in all aspects of gold, silver, platinum and palladium refining. Our employees enjoy a great team atmosphere, competitive salary and benefits.
Scroll down to see the following available positions.
Inside Sales Associate
Student Laboratory Technician
Outside Sales – Northeast and West Coast Territories
Pease & Curren, (Warwick, RI) a national leader in precious metals refining since 1916, is now
accepting resumes from experienced individuals to join our sales team. We are hiring two Outside
Salespeople to cover our northeast and West Coast territories. You must have prior success selling
business or conceptual services to owners and top executives at businesses of varying size in a
highly competitive market against incumbent and established vendors.
The candidate we select must be competitive, adaptable, coachable, willing to learn and wants to be
paid what they are worth. If you have a high sense of urgency and a “do whatever it takes” attitude
to turn our leads into sales, contact us ASAP.
We believe in the following principles that inform how we do business with our clients:
Tradition: Strict adherence to our 100-year tradition of refining excellence.
Capability: In-house refining guarantees a professional, accurate accounting and processing of
Financial Stability: Financially prudent and debt free company.
Service: We keep our clients by employing quality people in our sales, technical, and customer
service areas to make sure our customers receive the best service possible.
Reputation: You won’t have to tell prospective clients who we are. You can rely on our name
recognition and reputation to “open doors” We have an excellent reputation in this industry.
1. Travel 2 weeks out of every month (nonconsecutive) and spend the balance of time in our office
and selling locally.
2. Meet with business owners and corporate executives and sell them our services.
3. Manage relationships with current clients and develop new business.
4. Attend 3 trade shows each year.
5. Work as part of a team with talented Inside Sales Representatives.
Behaviors needed to be successful
Assertiveness – Sells to “C” level individuals without fear or apprehension. Urgency – Demonstrates
the need to close business today, not tomorrow.
Interpersonal Skills – Successfully relates and adapts to different personality styles.
Optimism – Maintains a confident viewpoint that anticipates positive outcomes. Teamwork – Works
effectively and productively with others toward sales goals. Versatility – Adapts or adjust tasks
as required by business conditions.
Closure – Willing to do “whatever it takes” to close business.
Perseverance – Does the work to create meaningful relationships with prospects as necessary.
Intelligence – Projects an aura of expertise in our technical subject area.
Benefits of working at Pease & Curren
• Initial industry-related training and ongoing support provided.
• Nationally recognized company.
• Competent and capable support team.
• Management team committed to your success.
• Assisted by strong marketing program.
• Minimum of 3 years sales experience.
• Demonstrable income producer.
• Experience selling in the precious metals refining, jewelry or dental industries a plus.
Successful candidates will need to pass a background check, credit check, and physical, and sign a
non- compete/non-disparagement agreement before beginning work. Pease & Curren is an equal
opportunity employer that regards differences as strengths.
You can earn between earn 80K to 90K plus commission. Starting salary will be based on experience
and skillset. Benefits package includes health and dental insurance.
To arrange for a confidential interview, upload your resume along with a cover letter outlining
your qualifications. Please do not contact the employer directly. All resumes will be personally
reviewed by the Management Team.
Inside Sales Associate
Pease & Curren, (Warwick) a national leader in precious metals refining since 1916 is now hiring an Inside Sales Representative. The candidate we select must be competitive, adaptable, coachable, willing to learn and wants to be paid an exceptional income for exceptional work. This is a position for a no-nonsense sales professional with a strong work ethic and desire to succeed in a team-based environment.
This sales role generates incremental sales and supports field sales initiatives via sales lead qualification, relationship building, account maintenance, and independently closes sales that do not require a field visit. The Inside Sales Representative generates sales and qualifies leads based upon pre-set criteria and a defined selling process. They enter sales activities and information gained via outbound call activity into our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Program, and actively communicates and follows-up with the assigned Outside Sales Representative. Meeting daily call standards and sales goals are key performance indicators for success.
Major Responsibilities of the Position:
- Generate Sales – Increase sales by closing new business and cross selling services.
- Sales Lead Qualification – Qualify prospects by calling key accounts previously identified or leads generated by marketing activities. Identify client needs and potential opportunity for Pease & Curren. Schedule site visits for Outside Rep with qualified prospects. Confirm all appointments with follow up and reminder calls to prospect 24 hours prior to visit.
- Account Maintenance – Learn key prospect information such as competitors used, refining volume, refining streams, potential referral base, and another sales intelligence. Ensure we have updated contact information and that accounts have updated catalogs and materials. All data to be entered in CRM.
- Communication- Frequently informs and updates the assigned outside rep of call activities, results, and necessary field action required. Consistently makes 80-100 outbound dials daily.
- Ensure proper tracking and reporting of all activities such as outbound calls accounts qualified, and customer material acquired.
- Capture all marketing attributes, sales activities, and intelligence in CRM.
- Partner with outside reps to share identified needs and strategize on approach.
- General CRM activities.
Why Work for Pease and Curren?
- Successful and growing company.
- Management team committed to your success.
- Professional and casual environment.
- Outstanding reputation in the industry.
- Competent and capable people to work with.
- Minimum 3 years inside sales experience.
- Demonstrable track record of success.
- Excellent computer skills – MS Office, CRM, etc.
- Pass a drug and background check.
- Verifiable references.
Monday thru Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm. This is a 37.5-hour work week with a ½ hour lunch break.
Compensation: 50K – 60K depending on experience, skills and results. Inside sales commission plan. Health Plan, Dental Plan, 401K plan, (up to) 10 paid Holidays per year, paid vacation time.
To be considered for this position, upload your resume through this website only! Please do not contact employer directly. Include a cover letter answering the following questions:
How does your experience meet the needs of this position?
How will your skills be of benefit to our company?
All qualified submissions will be personally reviewed by the owner of the company. Visit our website www.peaseandcurren.com.
Pease & Curren considers diversity an asset and encourages applications from qualified candidates regardless of race, gender/identity, sexuality, national origin, age, or disability status.
Pease & Curren, a leader in precious metals refining since 1916, seeks a marketing intern for the summer and/or the fall semester of 2019. We are looking for a creative, driven individual who can present our venerable legacy and cutting-edge technical skills to a nationwide and international audience. The intern reports directly to top company management including the Vice President in charge of day to day operations. The intern must have a strong point of view as s/he will have a voice in strategy and resource allocation as well as execution. This is a paid position and requires the candidate to work most of the summer or adhere to an agreed schedule in the fall semester. Opportunities for a permanent position await a strongly successful intern.
- Excellent writer;
- Able to commute to our office in Warwick, RI;
- Tech savvy;
- Experience in digital and/or print marketing preferred;
- Artistic/Graphic Design skills preferred;
- Social media savviness preferred;
- Search Engine Optimization and/or Web Development experience preferred.
Although excellent writing is a must, no single candidate is expected to have all of the other skills.
Hourly pay depends on skills and experience. Pease & Curren views diversity as a strength and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, gender/identity, orientation, national origin, age, or disability status.
Student Laboratory Technician
Pease & Curren, a leading refiner of precious metals since 1916, is seeking a laboratory technician for the fire assay laboratory. The successful candidate will be responsible to perform fire assay analysis, wet chemistry, and sample preparation. The student technician will be trained according to established processes and procedures. An excellent opportunity to gain laboratory/chemistry experience in a professional setting.
- Laboratory experience and knowledge of safe laboratory practices
- Excellent organizational skills to monitor samples within turnaround time.
- Basic mathematical skills
- Detail oriented, and able to communicate effectively in a team environment
Salary is $12.00/hr. The job is full time during the summer; possible flexible schedule in fall dependent on candidate.